1) The president seems to be okay with extending tax cuts for the wealthy. As Blue Texan says at Firedoglake, "If the White House Gets Rolled by the GOP on Tax Cuts, What’s the Point of Voting for Democrats?"
2) Democratic Senator Kent Conrad invokes Veterans' Day to defend the president's Deficit Commission, which plans to establish co-pays and deductibles for veterans.
3) 2014 Is Not The Endpoint Of The Afghanistan War. The Obama administration has quietly changed its goals in Afghanistan, now saying it will merely consider being out by 2014.
4) Obama set to escalate secret war in Yemen. U.S. has already killed dozens of people, including civilians, in air strikes, and that may be just the beginning
5) US Military Destroying Hundreds of Civilian Homes in Kandahar Afghans Complain Troops Are Destroying Their Fields, Trees and Property, Leaving Some Homeless